- This event has passed.
Meatball Throwdown 8
October 1, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Are you ready for another action-packed Meatball Throwdown? Well, Meatball Maniacs, if you think you have the best meatballs out there, we challenge you to show us what you’ve got.
We are looking for 20 contestants to enter their favorite meatball recipes.
This year we will have two (2) winning categories; Traditional Balls and Nontraditional Balls.
In the Traditional category, these contestants will be competing against our current 2019 champion John “Moose” Musitano. We’ve spoken to John and he is ready to take on the 2022 contestants to defend his Meatball Champ title. Also, all meatballs MUST be homemade.
In the Nontraditional ball category, we are looking for your most unique recipe. These balls can be made from meat, vegetables, or seafood and can be served naked or with your choice of homemade sauce, red, white, or brown, it doesn’t matter. Again, all balls MUST be homemade.
We encourage you to get creative and have fun! Now, grab your aprons and prepare for battle!
- Contestants must preregister in order to enter the contest. One entry per person.
- There is no fee for entry and all contestants get free admission to the event.
- Each contestant must make 100 cocktail-size meatballs (1 ½ “)
- All meatball entries should arrive warm and ready-to-go, in foil ½ trays to place into Sterno racks. Sterno racks will be provided by the event.
- Contestants should arrive by 3:30 pm to set up.
- Upon arrival, each contestant must check in at the contest table. You will receive an entry number and description card. This card will be clearly placed at your station.
- We cannot stress this enough… all meatballs & sauces MUST be homemade. No store-bought entries, please.
We are currently working on the judging of the meatball entries and will update our site as soon as we do.
Thank you for your participation. We look forward to sampling all of the delicious entries.